Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is a federal government owned university located in the ancient city of Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. The university was founded in 1961 and classes commenced in October 1962 as the University of Ife by the regional government of Western Nigeria, led by late chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola.
It was renamed Obafemi Awolowo University on 12 May 1987 in honour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo (1909–1987), first premier of the Western Region of Nigeria, whose brainchild the university was.
These are lists of OAU-related matters that only Students from the institution will relate to :
- Awo boys thinking of the Aluta to start because they are not ready for this exams
2. When the OAU school anthem comes on
3. Awo boys once light goes off for 30mins
4. Your shoes after trekking round banking area looking for a dispensing ATM
5. When you hear someone saying, “Forks and Fingers food is actually sweet”
6. Trying to explain to the potters that you forgot your ID card in your room
7. Mozambique students when fellowship people come to preach
8. Male students preparing for Moz101
9. Geology Students
10. After eating at New Buka with N200
11. When you see the guy that owes you money coming out of Banwill
12. When you are coming from Academics at 3 AM and Seun Risky has not closed
13. When you decide to eat Iya Ila’s pounded yam before reading
14. When you are all alone at AngloMoz
15. The queue for Health Sciences rice
16. How Hezekiah Oluwasanmi library looks during exam time
17. Moz queens and bathing outside
18. When you are thinking about what “Tan Gboro Tan” really means
OAU Students in the house, which of them can you relate to?
For other students, which school do you want me to recreate this for? Leave your comments below!